Wednesday, February 2, 2011

All Talk, No Action

Depending on your point of view you're either grateful we dodged another bullet or are once again left disappointed and jealous of those whose snow fell in measurable feet. Personally I'm bummed we didn't see enough snow to justify a real snow day. Ironically, IC declared the "ice emergency" so dire that they went ahead and canceled this morning's classes last night. In the twenty winters I've worked there I've only seen them cancel classes once, let alone the night before! I was grateful to receive the news ahead of time and enjoyed a few extra winks of sleep this morning. The little bit of unstructured time is nice too. I'll actually make my acupuncture appointment this afternoon and will have a home cooked meal ready for dinner tonight. Right now it's a balmy 40+ degrees, with patches of blue sky is emerging. I expect the sun to appear any minute.

Pippa is home from her two-day stay at the Cornell Vet School. She's officially out of the baby-making business now and has an impressive incision and a bunch of stitches to show for it. She shows no signs of having suffered from the experience and has wasted little time getting back to her primary occupation - terrorizing Peter and Lillie. Guess she's got to make up for those two days away from home. We've got lots of hissing and growling going on here today, in between bouts of reclaiming personal territories.

As you can see, she's claimed a new spot.

2 comments:

  1. Queen of the plate yeh?

    I'll trade you temperatures. Was -3 when I logged on yesterday with -25 wind chill. Glad I wasn't going out 'til evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen for sure!

    Amazingly we hit upper 40's yesterday and now tonight it's going down to 5 above. Can we just move on into spring now???? Hope you're cozy inside!

    ReplyDelete