Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snaps

It's been a lovely relaxed Sunday so far even though I've spent the better part of the it glued to my computer. My photos are all edited and uploaded to the FOUND blog and facebook page, and the last of the PR for this week's gallery show is almost done. PHEW! Good thing I enjoy this kind of work!

By some miracle we've managed to eek out two or three sales a week from our eBay store despite the fact that it's been months since we've run an auction. We've got thousands of photos in the queue waiting to be processed, photographed and listed, but getting them to auction won't happen again until at least May or June. I really miss going through boxes of photos. Each image even if it's unidentified, carries with it an immediate story for me.

Take this guy for instance...Where do you suppose he's headed in his swanky sports coat and new caddy with the Playboy Bunnies on the license plate?

What about this little sweetheart? I think I can almost hear her mom call her in for dinner.

Now I wonder, did this little guy grow up to be chief of
police in Small Town, USA?
Or did he turn to a life of crime after having had been subjected to a formal photo in this get up?

When I look at these photos I immediately hear the sound of wind in the trees, laughter, and fun. I can almost smell the crisp fall air.
Looks like so much fun,
and look how sweetly he gives her the apple.

What do you think?
First camping trip with Dad?

Maybe my favorite photo of the day -
the 1930's homemade Hallowe'en costumes. Look how proud that little Indian is!

Enough diversion, I should get back to work! There's still more PR to do, a lecture to prepare and an unending pile of clothes to fold and...


No comments:

Post a Comment