Friday, February 18, 2011

Ragged

The birds are singing...

It is eerily warm today. The sun is out and the birds are singing their little hearts out. Tomorrow we'll see snow and overnight the temps will hoover around 15. This is February after all...

It's been one looooong week. We've had evening events to go to every single night since Sunday and we've got one more tonight. Frankly I'm pretty weary but grateful we've held up as well as we have so far.
I've ditched my coat for the day and have been enjoying being outside. I've noticed I'm not the only one who looks a little weary lately. Ithaca's looking pretty worn down and ragged around the edges these days too - all gray and brown and dirty and wet.
Though it's not technically mud season there's plenty of it to go around right now. The melting snow has revealed our less than sanitary hygiene habits and the cold's kept the graffiti police from protecting us against the evils of spray painting philosophers.

Actually I quite like what I see.

I've a pile of magazines waiting for me and a big orange boy already in my bed meowing something about a promised snuggle and a nap in a sunbeam.
Only three weeks until spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment