Saturday, February 12, 2011

Counting

Week three of the semester has come and gone. I'm glad to be feeling healthy and am moving around pain-free most days. How did I ever get along without weekly massage and acupuncture appointments?!

I'm really loving being back in the studio and am energized and inspired by my students having rediscovered what joy there is in being a being a mentor. I am continually and amazed and amused by them!


This week the college ergonomist (who knew there was such a thing!) came by to give final recommendations for how my office set-up needs to be changed to suit my physical needs and this damn neck injury. Turns out almost everything needs to be change. Now the question of the week - will the school actually pay for it...hmmmm, we'll have to wait and see.

Our lives seemed to run more smoothly this week - we must be getting better at juggling I think. A significant sign of the busy pace around here is that the only photos on my camera this week are of FOUND.

The fire extinguisher lamp is ours, the other shots are from some of my favorite spaces in the shop.

Since most week days don't end until 8 or 9 pm one of the biggest challenges has been finding time to cook dinner (and let me tell you starting this process at 8 or 9 isn't something I'm remotely interested in!). Finally this week I was able to cook almost all of our meals for the week on Sunday afternoon - roast chicken, split pea soup, chili, various vegetables (roasted cauliflower and kale). This system really works but obviously only if we're home on Sunday! By some miracle we even got the laundry done too and (be still my heart) it is folded and put away. The house is starting to look a little neglected but Kathy comes on Monday morning so that will be remedied soon (by the way, the best money we ever spent EVER, is on having someone help with the housecleaning). This week we've even found time for fun. We're headed to an old fashioned country square dance in T'burg tonight and will celebrate Phil's 65th birthday party at Bound for Glory on Sunday night.

Only four weeks 'til spring break and 12 or 13 weeks until summer. Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but a girl can hope can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment