Thursday, December 15, 2011

Woes (but not all bad!)

Oh poor, poor, pitiful me...I've got computer woes again. As usual I have more photos on my computer than I have room for and if I don't do something soon I risk yet another crash. My only problem is that iPhoto won't let me access its trash can. Being basically resourceful, but lacking any real computer knowledge I muster up a strategy.
  • First, consult the great google. No luck.
  • Second, consult with my in-home on-call resident computer guru Ken. No luck there either (but in his defense he did say he'd look at it tonight).
  • Third solution? Eat a cupcake. And let me just say, this is not just any cupcake either. This was a Thomas the train cupcake left over from Rep Class last night and it was my favorite flavor - yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Sadly eating it didn't automagically solve the problem. Now Pippa has positioned herself on my hands while I'm typing this post. Perhaps I should put her to work finding a solution.
Lately I just don't have time to post here at Newfield Knews. Oh woe is me. Obviously without enough time I just don't have much interesting to say either, though there is some newsy-news. Here 'tis:
  • I'm finished with teaching for the term and have only juries, post-jury appointments and grading left to do. Then I'm done-done.
  • Mom arrives on the 23rd for two weeks. I'm really looking forward to her visit but I'm not ready (oh woe is me again). We have no Christmas tree and not a shred of decorating done in the house unless you count the Halloween lights that are still up. Also we've done no shopping...zero, zip, zilch. The dining room table is covered (every inch of it) with last week's purchases for FOUND. Perhaps I should go shopping there...now there's the first bright thought I've had all week!!
  • Surgery on my neck is three weeks from today. YIKES. My stomach just flipped over about ninety times. I know I need it and that it will fix most of the issues I've been having but that doesn't mean I'm not still scared. Any and all good thoughts you have to send my way would be warmly welcomed.
So that the latest news from this end. How 'bout you and yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment