Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Perfectly Wonderful


We had a quiet and cozy Christmas eve dinner with friends and family this year. There's been no sign of any proper snow yet but the temps have dropped enough to keep a fire going. Mom's had plenty of kitty company to keep her occupied and to keep her from missing her Max too much.

This year Santa brought me a brand new patio and a gorgeous white pergola. Ken got the same thing in his stocking too. Funny thing about that... After foisting the world's largest hunk of prime rib into the oven we spent the day in front of the fire hanging out reading.

Lexi, Frank, mom and Lisa joined us later for the feast.






I'm so glad to be home now and to have time to really catch up to myself. There's lots of course prep on my plate right now but also time for long afternoon naps, reading, movies and hanging out with my sweetie. It's been a perfectly wonderful holiday so far and I feel the most relaxed I've felt in months. I love the last week of the year. No need to rush and plan or think about the clock. The holidays are over and our schedules are free from the usual obligations and distractions and I'm contemplating the coming year. Hopes are high.

No comments:

Post a Comment