Thursday, December 29, 2011

Screech...

Whoa, what just happened? The whole surgery thing just moved from an abstract, in the future kind of thing to something that's definitely going to happen now.
  • Blood drawn - check (six BIG vials)
  • Blood pressure - elevated a bit (just a little stressed are we?)
  • Weight taken - check, and while we're at it let's just not go there shall we? (unless you want to hear all of the creative ways I'm managing my stress by cooking and eating, and cooking and eating some more)
  • EKG - check
  • Chest X-ray - check
This morning I passed my pre-op testing with flying colors and now I'm physically approved to go through with it. Now if I could just wrap my mind around the idea that it will all be okay. I'll be honest, spending the morning at the hospital today scared the begeezes out of me. There's something so odd and disingenuous about being asked "How are WE today?" by a hospital medical technician right before they stick you with a gigantic needle. Especially when it's delivered in that annoyingly chipper tone of voice. I mean come on, I'm here in the hospital having PRE-OP testing done, as in PRE-OPERATIVE, as in surgery, get it? How do you think I am? And while we're at it, here's what else I would like to know - who's this we you're referring to anyway? Let's cut all the sweetness and light crap and just get on with it. We are "fine". We are having surgery. We are scared and We just want it all to be over and done with as soon as possible so life can return to normal.

And no, I don't think I'll be liking you on facebook when I get home.
Now, anything else you'd like to know about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment