Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tease

We've been flirting with Old Man Winter all season long and today it looks like we'll get what's coming to us in the form of a new foot of heavy snow. That'll teach us to play with his feelings. Rain and sleet are pelting my window as I type and it's hitting so vigorously it almost sounds like water hitting a hot griddle. By the time I'm finished writing this post it will have all changed over to snow. Spring Break is a week away. Not likely we'll actually see much real spring time action during break this year...

We're well into in the ugly stage of winter right now and though it's been milder than in years past, the snow has officially worn out its welcome as far as I'm concerned. I'm hungry to see some green out my window and to smell the dank scent of wet dirt. The kitchen floors and downstairs carpets have all been redecorated with muddy footprints and we've a small lake in the swampy low-lying area of our property. The smell of dirt is in the air though and yesterday I heard my first redwing blackbird.

Spring is on its way, its just taken a detour today.

No comments:

Post a Comment