Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For Real

I've been reading a lot blogs lately from folks who have decided it's time to get real (whatever the heck that means). It makes me wonder what I would say differently or disclose about myself personally if I decided to just get real. Well, first off here's the naked truth - I have no secrets. None, zero, zip, nadda. Everything I am is out there in front of god and everybody and I'm struggling along with the rest of humanity with the same basic things - not having enough time in my day to get done what needs doing, bouts of less than stellar health and trying not to let the turkeys get me down. It's easy to be down this time of year. It's cold and gray and it feels like spring will never get here. I'm weary of winter and on top of it all I'm stuck in musical purgatory by still not being able to play the viola. Soon a whole generation of students in my studio will have never heard me play live. That's just weird. Having two full time jobs leaves me feeling like I'm forever at a crossroads. How will I divide myself today? Let's see, I'll give eight hours to the college followed by five or six hours to the shop. Geeze...what's left for the other important things in my life? I have no solution to this dilemma and clearly I can't keep up this pace forever. I dread the thought of having to choose. So for today I hope for clarity and a light heart.
There! Now that's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment