Friday, March 18, 2011

Green

Spring break is almost over and it's turned out to be a bit busier than I'd hoped. Still all in all, there are more than a few things checked off of the to-do list and that's always good!

I was glad to be able to spend a Tuesday at FOUND this week. We're closed on Tuesdays but the parking lot was filled with cars this week - electricians were in, dealers were in, partners were in. Every now and then we'd notice that a customer had snuck in and was browsing totally unaware we weren't really open! Between renovating the last of the available space in the back, sprucing up our booth and getting ready for a new show in the gallery it was a full day. Here's the latest incarnation of our front booth.

It was sunny and warm again today. Warm enough to really get the lilacs showing some serious green.

And speaking of green...I've been painting outdoor furniture the last two days and am almost finished. Can't wait to bring in this sweet wire loveseat and little table. Although first I'll have to get used to the idea that it doesn't live on my porch anymore. I love the pistachio color. We've had a cute little brown rustic wooden table kicking around for more than a year, and since it hasn't sold I decided to spruce it up for spring. This little table was spotted by the side of the road in a free pile a few months ago and today it has been given a new lease on life with some blue paint. I like the nice lines of the top and the snazzy legs. Starting to look like I'm going for easter egg colors. Just wait until I get that astro turf rug in my booth!!!

Tomorrow we go back to winter but what do I care! Ken and I actually have the weekend off together. Don't know what adventures await but I'm sure they'll entail driving to parts unknown, searching for treasures in out of the way places and just enjoying the day together. Countdown to summer begins soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment