Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the Old, In with the New

We spent a cozy New Year's Eve with friends Dave,Lucia,
Terry,
Diane and Helena.Great food, good wine, homemade sweets, scintillating conversation and even an impromptu song! It hardly gets better!

Dave and Lucia turned into pumpkins around 9pm and I thought Ken and I would soon follow but we managed to make it til midnight to greet the new year personally. Diane ushered the old year out the back door and opened the front door to let the new one in. I think I'll adopt his tradition next year.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate with a burning bowl ceremony. We'll write all the things we want to cast away on small slips of paper and will toss them into the flame. Then we'll put all we want to bring into the new year on a single piece of paper and will seal it in an envelope. Come March 1st we'll have a look to see how we're doing. For extra good luck (according to my grandma) we'll eat pigeon peas and rice, collard greens and ham.

I'm excited and hopeful about 2011 - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment