Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Devotion

Mom's condo is situated in a little manicured haven off Highway 27 and her backyard is bordered by an enormous orange grove.It's illegal to pick the fruit, but let me tell you I gave it a thought or too. Who's gonna know right?


After years and years of encouragement mom finally succumbed and adopted a cat.
Max was my sister's cat for a brief time but it seemed he really bonded with mom so that's where he's been ever since. This is one spoiled kitty. He gets handfuls of treats, bowls of people food and is allowed to sit on the kitchen table with mom while she eats.
He's a lovely boy and they are one devoted pair.

Mom and I poked around a large antique mall in Sebring on Saturday morning and in the afternoon I headed up to Lake Wales to see what was going on in that neck of the woods. I was especially taken with a small one-dealer shop, Ingelnook Antiques located in a turn of the century Tudor/Arts and Crafts bungalow. The outside drew me in but it was nothing compared to the inside. Lots of original details - thick stucco plaster walls, high gabled ceilings,
original doors, windows and woodwork
and all kinds of lovely little details including this window high up in the gable.
I found a few things for myself, mom and Ken.

Dad's been gone since May 2005 but mom still wears her wedding ring and speaks about him every day. He is very much still here with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment