Monday, June 8, 2015

Saving Spring

Well folks, I'm happy to report I made it to Monday intact, having turned a sad weekend into a lovely one.

We are looking at some serious thunderstorms headed our way and thanks to my ever-devoted sweetie, the peony bushes have been shorn and that last little bit of Springtime has been saved and brought indoors. 

Today marks the fourth week since surgery and though I've decided against making lists of all the things I'll do once I'm freed of this temporary confinement, I can't help but look forward to a few things:

  • Taking a shower. As in upstairs in the real shower, with water coming out of the shower head and pouring all over every single inch of me. 
  • Wearing more than one outfit. Yes, I know I'm a little prone to wearing a "uniform", but since the surgery it's gotten a little worse. That favorite pink shirt and those jean capris with the cuffs? That's what you'll see me each and every time I leave the house, and frankly, I'm grateful my uber limited wardrobe still fits...all this sitting and pity-party-eating isn't without consequences.
  • Wearing more than one pair of shoes. I have worn the same pair of Dansko clogs every day now for almost two year because they are the only shoes which don't hurt my feet. Enough said.
  • Driving and being able to go anywhere and anytime I want. Even if it's Wegmans on a Friday afternoon to do the big shop or up to the NE side of town to pick up bubble during rush hour or back to Staples for the third time in a day because no one noticed we were out of packing tape.
  • Being outside on the porch 'til well after dark, listening to the summer sounds, drinking a glass or two of ice cold Finger Lakes Reisling with my sweetie and talking about plans and dreams. 
And last, but certainly not least...
  • Being able to walk. Don't ever take it for granted peeps. It sucks so much when you can't and I hope you never have to experience it yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment