Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Agenda



I am definitely making lemonade outta some sour lemons today.

I've never been good at listening to my body. Feeling full and leaving all that delicious food on the plate? No way. I'm a Clean Plate Club kinda gal. Tired and sore and achy? No way I'm not waking up at 4am to get myself to that fabulous tag sale. Headache, runny nose, coughing my fool head off? No way that newsletter, FB post or blog post isn't getting finished.

So this week I listened. 

I slept when I was tired, ate when I was hungry and finally called the doctor when that blasted nerve pain inside my cast became unbearable and wouldn't go away. K had the script filled, I swallowed the pill and surprise, surprise...I feel better. The hard part? Conceding this morning that I'm not really ready to spend two hours in the car today in order to be at a FABULOUS auction. And yes I know. There will be many more auctions, there will be plenty of summer left when the cast is removed and I am getting better every day. It's just that I'm not always the amazing super healing gal I think I am all the time. 

Ok body of mine...you get to set the agenda. And yes, when it's time to really make that lemonade, you can bet it'll be spiked heavily with champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment