Friday, July 8, 2011

Weed Something...

Well the weeds are winning most days but at least I'm trying to weed something every day. After last night's dramatic thunder and lightening storm dumped buckets o'rain on us, the garden is just teaming.
As soon as the rain stopped the sun came out in full force. Our road reacted to it by setting off an amazing steam show.

Today I went to check in on little Miss Junco in the hanging fuschia plant only to discover that she and her four little eggs were gone. On closer inspection I found one little lone egg out of the nest near the edge of the basket. It had a tiny whole in it. I can only guess that the others got eaten by a greedy crow or some other hungry four legged critter. Made me so sad. The egg is so small and the markings on it are so intricate. I put back in the nest, hung the basket back up and watered the plant. Time now to try and rescue the fuschia.

No comments:

Post a Comment