Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dog Days

Hot. Hazy. Humid. Tomorrow we'll hit 100 and may even exceed it. What happened to my "this is why we live here" season? Searching for some perspective, I looked back at some of my snowy photos from January and February. I wish I could say it helped. I am not grateful for this weather. Instead I am one giant hot and sticky mess, and let me tell you hot flashes in this kind of heat is a kind of hot no one wants to experience. I am a human internal combustion engine!This weekend is Grassroots Festival. Ordinarily I'd be studying the schedule trying to figure out the logistics of getting to all of the great bands I want to hear. Instead, today I've been daydreaming about selling my ticket on Craigslist and using the money to by an air conditioner. Actually a nice sturdy kiddie pool would do me just fine - the water from our well is nice and cold!!

We've taken to having our morning coffee on the porch. The sun doesn't peek over the woods until about 7am so it's usually very peaceful and cool. A wonderful way to wake up.
This morning we were visited by hummingbirds flitting between the hanging fuchsia on the porch and the giant trumpet vine growing on the garage. It was quite a sight and amazingly I got a few picks.
Extraordinary little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment