Thursday, July 28, 2011

Virgins

Today I spent the morning trying to fluff up our booth space at FOUND. Here's the latest version of our front space,and a look at our back booth.
I reluctantly took home the framed Virgin Mary that's been hanging in our back booth. This version of the virgin showed her holding a bleeding sacred heart with daggers sticking out of it. It would be quite an ordinary religious print except that she was the spittin' image of a young Nicolas Cage (think Nicolas Cage in from his "Moonstruck" days). I kid you not. Oh, if only I had a photos...While I'm on the topic of Virgins, I'm happy to report that someone purchased our paint by number Virgin today. As with all sales from our Vintage Paint by Number Show, 20% of the proceeds goes to the SPCA.

Tomorrow I'll hit some local sales in the morning and then Ken and I will amble north to where we'll have dinner at The Restaurant at Elderberry Pond. We'll stay the night in Auburn so we get up at the screech of dawn and shop our way back to Ithaca via the annual Route 90 sales. Gentleman, start your wallets! I'm so ready to shop - here's to good pickin'!! And speaking of pickin'...The folks over at Lifetime TV - the ones who bring you American Pickers and Pawn Stars - have come up with a new show. Think American Pickers on estrogen complete with daisy dukes and bleach blond hair. That's right folks, the season of Picker Sisters debuts this coming Tuesday, August 2, at 10pm. Wonder what Frank and Mike will have to say about this...

1 comment: