Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Chained

I've been chained to the computer for the better part of the day (seven hours and counting...) sending press releases, entering data into online arts events calendars and buttering up local editors by fluttering my e-eyelashes trying to get a little extra PR for our upcoming Vintage Paint by Number show at FOUND. And then it occurs to me...why not shamelessly plug the event here!

It'll come as no surprise to some of my friends that I love kitsch. Though I don't have a lot of it around home I'm endlessly fascinated and attracted to it and if Ken didn't have a say in some of the decorating decisions around here, I'm sure the walls would be covered with these...





Yeah I know it's a little dorky but they just bring back so many memories of sitting at the dining room table wearing my dad's cast off white tee-shirt, covered in dabs of oil paint and reeking of mineral spirits. And because I'm left handed you can bet that despite my best Virgo perfectionist efforts I've painted out of the lines and smeared it all up good...ahhh, the good old days!

FOUND's next gallery show is a Vintage Paint by Number Show that will benefit the Tompkins County SPCA. Why, we'll even have kittens for adoption at the opening reception. Sounds like heaven to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment