Sunday, October 10, 2010

Perfect 10's

It's 10/10/10! Back when I was ten years old I did a little math to figure out how old I'd be in the unimaginable year of the future - 2000. I remember debating how we would say the date out loud - would it two-thousand something or would it be twenty-something. Most of us decided it didn't matter because when you're 43 years old that's too old to be worrying about that sort of thing anyway...In the coming year I can now look forward to my birthday being 9/10/11. I'm glad I'm not too old to think this is pretty cool.

Here are some photos and a couple of videos to commemorate the picture perfect fall day. These pics were all taken on our property (except for the one where I'm obviously standing in the middle of the road!).


Could be the last vinca flower of the season.


As I get nearer the woods' edge, the chipmunk chorus goes into high gear!


Danger, danger, warning, warning!


I could've gazed at this all afternoon...




Wild asters.



There are only a few acorns this year.

Last of the feverfew.

I've been using the area at the end of our driveway as depository for
furniture we get from auction that isn't really repairable
(at least not by me with my very limited skills). Though the pieces are rather beaten up I find them poetic
sitting there in the late afternoon light. Perhaps I should've
put a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses on the stand.
Maybe then they'd go away.


3 comments:

  1. UPDATE! The naughty chair and plant stand did indeed find new homes over night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you call me? !

    ReplyDelete