Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hold On

It was one of those glorious Indian Summer days in the Finger Lakes - clear blue sky, warm sunshine, temps in the 70's! I'm glad the storms predicted for last night did not strip the trees.

There is less color for sure, but the view is still lovely!

I had an afternoon errand which took me to the northeast part of town
and on the way home I stopped at the Farmer's Market to visit the lake.
It is beautiful at all times of the year but especially now.
The birds have a fine feast in the form of these wonderful trees.
Don't know what they are but don't they look scrumptuous?
The lake is so inviting in the sun.
I caught a pair of ducks having an afternoon snooze
on an old gnarly willow branch.


If the forecast is correct we'll barely make it into the 50's tomorrow.
I don't have much faith in forecasts these days
but I'll hold on to this last glimpse of summer anyway.


This is autumn.

We all know what's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment