Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hammondsport

We enjoyed a lovely jaunt this weekend over to Hammondsport. It was nice to amble across scenic two lane roads on a blustery autumn day and be away from home where an endless list of tasks always seems to lurk.

We poked in antique and gift shops and had malted milk shakes the size of our heads for lunch.
Why I even saw an angel sprint to her car for a quick Hallowe'en get-away.
Eventually made it to the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum. Besides the wineries, Glenn H. Curtiss seems seems to be
Hammondsport's main claim to fame.

The museum contains an array of planes, boats, trains, cars,and other things that go vaarrooooom.
Ken was in heaven and I enjoyed myself as well.

Some day I must have my very own Curtiss travel trailer complete with all the modern conveniences.

The museum also has things of interest to the ladies including
one of the largest and most elaborate hair wreaths I've ever seen.

And then there was this...the Health Jolting chair!
Sounds like an implement of torture to me.
So glad to live in the modern world...

Childhood memories of my dad flooded back on this day as we took in the
antique cars and the beautiful old wooden boats. I loved the restoration shop too. My dad would've loved this place. Seemed a fitting way to honor him this week. He would have 85 on the 29th. Happy Birthday Dad.
I miss you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment