Friday, September 24, 2010

Porch

Any day that begins like this is bound to be good.
After weeks of non-stop go-go-going I decided to break from the frantic pace and have myself a nice long sit on the porch. I can't remember the last time I indulged. This delight was immediately followed by gardening. I know it's seemed like I've given up entirely on the whole gardening thing lately but today I came back with a vengeance and planted three peony bushes in the bed next to the driveway. It'll be wonderful to see those link pink and white blooms out the kitchen window. Maybe the fragrance will even float inside.

Though it's officially autumn now you'd never know it. It hit 93 degrees today. Somehow the leaves have heard the call though and they're well on their way to a colorful show.
I have high hopes for this season.

Roses and morning glories are all still enthusiastically in bloom.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment