Monday, September 20, 2010

Momentous

After weeks of wrangling procrastinating bankers and we finally joined the ranks of those in search of lower interest fees and a quicker pay-off on the mortgage by closing on the refinance of our home. For a while it seemed the professional buck-passers would get the better of us. While we were at the table with the lawyer this afternoon we completed another very important task. Ken is now officially on the deed to the house. From the moment he moved in I've considered our home his as much as my own, but now it's official, he owns it too! 'bout time I think.

The weather is glorious these days and more of the same is predicted for the week. Clear skies, warm sun and brisk evenings. It'll be a two-cat night tonight for sure with temps down into the upper thirties. If I'd spent more time in the garden this summer I'd likely be frantically searching the closets for bed sheets to cover the basil and the last of the summer tomatoes but I figure since they've done fairly well fending for themselves all this time why start looking after them now? Next year I'll garden again (a girl can hope can't she?).

FOUND is going gang busters these days and I'm plum worn out being excited about it! The challenge now will be to find enough time to buy cool old stuff to keep the booth looking full and fresh from week to week. Our grand opening celebration is scheduled for Saturday, October 2nd. We'll debut the stylish FOUND tee shirts and other cool merch for sale and to give away. Just look at some of the neat things we've got in there right now!


Sometimes I pinch myself just to be sure I'm not dreaming.

1 comment: