Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wild

We're well into our first week on Weight Watchers and frankly we're a little grumpy about it (especially me and it was my idea in the first place). I suppose after our first weigh-in we'll feel a little better (provided we actually lose something). This week I got an email from WW called "How to Recover from Wild Weekends". I immediately thought of food (cake, chips and especially gin and tonics), Ken went right to the dark side suggesting that recovering would definitely involve removing all those incriminating photos from Facebook, getting the morning after pill and maybe taking an HIV test. What is it they say about opposites?

WW has all kinds of helpful tips for Wild Weekend recovery...go to your weekly meeting on a Sunday morning (as if...), pack a cooler of snacks in the car every time you go out on errands (are they for real?) and stay away from the food table at a party (oh come on). I think I'm glad we're doing this whole WW thing online and avoiding the meetings all together.

We signed ourselves up for Facebook last week and promptly engaged in a friendly game of "who can get the most friends the fastest". I am winning in this area (for now) but Ken is winning in the area of "best photo of him from high school" posted on FB.

And yes, that's Ken McKinney on the left...I've always had a thing for bad boys.

FB is proving to be a big time sink but it's almost iresistable at this point to ignore the many news feeds, status updates and wall comments. My old friend Joe C said resistance is futile and man is he ever right.

No comments:

Post a Comment