Sunday, June 6, 2010

Frolic

Tomorrow we start Weight Watchers and that can mean only one thing - time to head to Waffle Frolic TODAY!

It was nice to be on the Commons again and especially on such a nice day. It was sleepy and quiet compared to earlier in the weekend when the Ithaca Festival was in full swing.

Waffle Froilic is the place to get great waffles and they offer a gluten free version which means it's "legal" for Ken! They also offer hemp, chocolate and vegan versions if you're so inclined. When the food arrived I immediately declared I'd never eat the whole thing....

Then about half way through I thought I can do this!

and before you knew it, I was a member of the clean plate club.
I highly recommend the classic buttermilk with peach compote,
real maple syrup and side of bacon (I shudder to think how many WW points this meal contained).

We had a nice walk around the Commons and without the crowds
we noticed there was quite a lot of new art to see.

In the alley between the parking garage and the Commons we found a beautiful wall which was created by students in the Ithaca City School district. It is quite striking both from a distance and close up.
I sure do love this place I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment