Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Greening Continues

We made it through last night a few degrees shy of a hard frost. I think I just heard one collective sigh of relief from the apple growers down the road. On Monday I discovered one lone asparagus coming up in the garden. It's only three weeks early, but hey I'll take it (and I'll probably eat it too). Almost time to plant peas.

Forsythia is at peak now

Hyacinths are all up and the smell is divine

Daffodils have burst and lilacs are not far behind

Since the weather's turned sunnier and warm Franklin's taken a new, more aggressive approach to letting us know he'd rather be outside



He usually gets his way...

In in the middle a lesson yesterday morning I heard a sure sign of warmer weather
and yes, I waited until the end of the lesson to snap this pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment