Thursday, April 15, 2010

Canned Ham and Free Time

I had the day off from teaching today which means I got to work at one of my other jobs...

We're recovering nicely from a good week of online sales which means lots of packing and shipping but that's okay with me, I'm home where I'd rather be most any day. After morning errands and yet another visit to the doc to deal with a second round of pink eye (the adventure never ends!) we ambled home. On this particular trip we passed a delightful old crusty canned ham camper (wish I had a pic). We often drive this road home and every time (and I do mean every time) we pass this little beauty I say how much I'd like to have me one of my very own. Well today was no different, only that statement went straight into a monologue which somehow segued right into a lengthy list of all the other stuff I've been coveting lately...a better camera, winning the lottery and of course, more free time. That's when it hit me, all I really want is a canned ham and some time off. Sounds like the makings of a country western tune doesn't it?

Today's trip home also included roaming about Ithaca's old commercial industrial park to look at a few commercial properties (more on that at a later date). So we're driving around, windows down, taking in the sights and we see this wonder of wonders
You guessed it, this is a real live mini-golf "prop", Par 3. Ken's response was "Now that's bad". It sits in the front yard of a building named "The Widget Factory". Makes you wonder what a widget really is doesn't it?

We're gearing up to attend a big auction on Saturday that includes an array of delicious salvaged architectural pieces, lots of garden related items and two or three estates worth of goodies. I can hardly wait. I saw this item advertised at an estate auction a few days ago and thought it might look good in my studio. The colors are right and sadly on some days, so is the sentiment.
I suspect my students will fail to see the humor in this...

No comments:

Post a Comment