Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fixations

The weather has turned on us again. After a three-cat night our backs and necks are a little creaky and sore from sleeping in an over crowded bed. At breakfast I mentioned to Ken that I thought it might be snowing. He immediately insisted it was most definitely NOT snow I saw. I think I may have heard him mumble "You're dreaming, it's impossible, this is April after all". A few minutes later I mused that perhaps it was cherry blossoms or some other kind of tree pollen floating in the air (though by this time I knew I was just fooling myself). Defiantly Ken insisted again that it was most definitely NOT snowing. I gave up for the moment thinking I'll have one more cup of coffee, that'll do the trick - maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me (it could be the pink eye you know).

On our way into town we were serenaded by the music of ice pellets hitting the windshield. We sometimes hear this same sound on the Weather Channel as a sound track to a forecast of "light wintry mix" (as if we needed to hear what was headed our way). I decide to offer one more possibility for the fluffy stuff falling from the sky , "Maybe it's volcanic ash from Iceland". Ken, still not taking the bait offered "It's NOT snow, it's just thick rain (hrrrrumph)".

Okay uncle, I give up. Time to change the subject...

Now you'll just have to trust me on this one, but at exactly 11:05am this morning it looked like we were having a full blown blizzard.
Then 35 minutes later...tah-dah!We now return you to our regularly scheduled spring time weather
already in progress...


My fixation with finding the ideal practice/teaching space has intensified since I discovered that there's an online community of people who work in their sheds - who knew! There is even a national shed week in the U.K. I believe the celebration takes place in July - guess I'd better get cracking on this project so I can participate.

Today I found more inspiration for my ideal design.
This feature is now on the top of my wish list.
A shed with a hot tub...now there's a reason to get up and get practicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment