Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daddy's Girl


It's my dad's birthday and if he were alive today he be turning 89. A year ago I honored his memory by giving official notice of my retirement on this day. It was his sage advice some thirty years ago that made early retirement a reality for me.

Yesterday, I signed the papers to roll over my entire life's savings into an IRA. GULP. 

It felt like a big old grown up thing to do, which is odd considering at at 57 years of age, I'm well, you know, pretty much grown up by now. But when it comes to dealing with money and finances, I'm still the same kid who shuts down at the mere hint of anything that even remotely smells like math. I've dealt with money by pouring as much of it into savings, staying out of debt and trying not to live above my means. 

Simple, clean, tidy. Guess I learned that from my dad too.  

Proud to be a daddy's girl after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment