Friday, June 22, 2012

Magnetic Personalities

Sometimes when I'm working in the shop I feel like a wacko magnet and Wednesday was a banner day.
  • In the morning I sold some furniture, china and linens to a healer with a thick southern drawl who does all his work in the buff and claims he can heal whatever ails you - wink, wink...if you know what I mean...and I'm afraid I didn't. Guess I'm just a little dense. Need a curse broken or your aura cleansed? These are your peeps. His wife and assistant will enhance this work color therapy, energy first-aid and appropriate spells. They don't come into the shop very often but when they do, you can bet I'll be working...
  • About an hour before we closed I sold some antique African carvings to a young woman who whispered "I speak to spirits and they tell me to buy this stuff". Aside from this statement she looked and acted perfectly normal. She was decked out in bracelets and Tibetan protection amulets from our dealer who sells the stuff and spent just over $300 on two carvings. She says she doesn't particularly like the stuff, but the spirits say she needs it so she goes with it. She has two year old twins and a new baby at home. Contrary to the shamanic healers, she seemed almost embarrassed about the whole talking to spirits thing. The shamans on the other hand are clearly seeking new clients...


1 comment:

  1. I met him once and my "bull" meter registered off the scale.

    ReplyDelete