Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home


Home always feels best even when the travels are truly amazing. Fortunately we're still feeling the positive effects of our CA trip even though some of the bills have already started coming in!

In the week since we've been home there's been a lot to catch up on inside and out, at home and at work. It's been a sad week too with news of at least one friend's passing and another's diagnosis of terminal cancer. I am further resolved to live by this...


 Yeah, I know it's from a online retail company but it speaks to me and I like it so I'm going with it. If you click on the link and scroll down you'll also find a video. So good.

I've started to fall into a nice summer routine and though it's rainy today that can't keep me from spending time in the garden. I've got a new herb patch planned near the kitchen door and that super highway for chipmunks that sits smack dab in the middle of my strawberry patch? The one that got enlarged to four lanes while we were away on vacation? Well it needs to be rerouted immediately! I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish this but I am determined to have more than three berries this year. I would love nothing more than to be finished with work and chores and in time for a nap during the afternoon thunderstorm.

We've got bluebirds nesting nearby and robin and sparrow babies in the yard. I'm pretty sure there are hummingbirds as well but I won't find their nest until I'm pruning in the fall. 
 Our formerly decorative bird house
is now home to a nest of newly hatched house wrens. I love how the birds have whittled away at the entry holes until they were able to wriggle their little wren bodies inside. The house wren is a teeny tiny little spit of a bird but it has an enormous song.

I'm looking forward to tending my own nest today.



No comments:

Post a Comment