Monday, June 4, 2012

Carmel

Okay, so I totally get this California thing...
This really might the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. I already don't want to leave but then again I always want to be on vacation permanently anyway.

This is the view from out balcony in Carmel.




And as if the charm of this sweet town and sound of sea weren't enough, there is a great blue heron nest within camera range. I had to promise Ken I wouldn't get hooked on watching these birdies like I did with these!

Recap of our adventures since my last post...
Friday in Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf at Sunset (pics coming son...)

We checked out of the Mosser on Saturday morning and rolled ourselves and our luggage about two blocks away to pick up our rental car. The drive out of the city was easy as could be except for the times we crashed because of the view. 
 
I have never said "wow" so many times in my life. 
On the way to Carmel we stopped at Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay. 
We strolled the farmer's market and walked out on the jetty's. 
Warm sun, respectable breeze, no crowds, a single friendly sea lion. Just perfect. 
At Sam's we met up with one of my dearest friends from college, her husband and her eldest daughter. It had been twenty seven years since we last saw one another and thanks to facebook, she knew we were in the area. 
This was and probably will be the highlight of the entire trip for me. 

Don't know what today holds, but I suppose it'll likely include lots more walking, great food and wine, at least 400 frames of photos shot and more wonderful adventure. I still don't know what day it is and now I don't care. 
As long as Ken keeps bringing me coffee in the morning and he's in charge of the map I'm in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment