Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Priorities

I have a love hate relationship with winter. I relish the first big snow storm like a school kid, enjoy the coziness of the season and love to bundle up. But enough is enough! All we ever get these days for snow forecasts is measly amounts like 1-3 inches. My all time least favorite winter forecast seems to be most prevalent these days - "cloudy with a light wintry mix" (whatever the heck that means). I know, I know, I'll be complaining about the gray and the cold by mid-February but for now I'd just be happy to wake up tomorrow morning to find four inches of snow on the ground. Actually I'd be happy just to hear that we got more snow than Washington, DC or Philadelphia. Come on, this is upstate NY after all, we have our pride. Meanwhile our neighbors in Syracuse just hit 73 inches in total snowfall for the season. I suppose I should watch what I wish for, there is a lot of winter still left...

Here's Pippa and I enjoying a cozy fire and a good movie.
Forget about snow, for her winter is all about the snuggling and catching up with her buds on facebook.
Photos by Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment