Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Getting Along, Moving Along

Today for the first time ever, we have snuggling!
Peter, the owner and full time occupant of the desk-top kitty cup, saw his way clear to allow Pippa a small bit of room there. She climbed in, circled twice and then commenced to purring.Her purr is irresistible even if she sounds like she needs a muffler. Her little paw sat sweetly on P's belly the entire time. They are quite the color combo these two. They snuggled for a good ten or fifteen minutes - long enough for me to document the special occasion for posterity! I predict a long and happy friendship. The verdict is still out on the state of things between Pippa and Lillie however. Today I'm fairly certain I heard Lilllie meow "Can we give her back now mom, please?"

Though I've been on leave for the past five weeks I'm still keenly aware of the academic calendar and today was a milestone. It was the last day of juries. Had I been in school I would have had the ceremony of the removal of the teaching schedule from my bulletin board. A most hallowed event. Instead I spent the day puttering in the shop and getting caught up at home. Because the semester is now over, I'm officially released from leave and I can begin working in the shop again. This is a most welcome change. You can only do so much acupuncture, massage and nutritional counseling. The good news is that I feel good, in fact I feel better than I've felt in some time. In a few weeks I'll start seeing if my hands remember how to play the viola. I can hardly wait! Onward. Upward. Here we go.

2 comments:

  1. I am holding good thoughts for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. Every good thought counts and counts BIG!

    ReplyDelete