Friday, November 12, 2010

Why You Look on Me???

You're not the boss of me.Guess my sense of humor needs a little tweaking...

I can't get enough of the long early morning and late afternoon shadows. I so wish I knew how to paint.

All the leaves have fallen around here except for the oak.
They're always the last to go and by the looks of this leaf they
aren't going down without a fight. Not by a long shot.(I swear I didn't stage this!)

As I strolled around our property this afternoon it seemed I was always startling some poor little chipmunk out of its afternoon siesta. In addition their fearful little shrieks and cries I was surprised to hear faint bird song off in the distance. It was a bit too far away to identify by sound but it sounded awfully tired, like it too was ready for a long nap.

The sage and Italian parsley look amazing right now! I gave them a pep talk and strong encouragement to stay green until
Thanksgiving (when I intend to use them all up in one fell swoop).
There is one lone rose bud left on the tea rose we planted in honor of my dad.
It has the sweetest scent ever. It also has the weirdest hips I've ever seen. Wonder what the tea tastes like from this variety...

Soon I'll be photographing the burning bush berries
wearing their tiny little snow hats.
The boy scout of the garden has been ready for spring since about July. Never fear. Spring could come anytime. That's its motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment