Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sofa Spud

After years of living with the most uncomfortable furniture on the planet we finally succumbed to the big box furniture store deals and bought ourselves a new couch and recliner. Ahhhhhhhh....feet up.

Now I'm not a big fan of furniture that's wide, soft and lumpy, but if you've been furniture shopping lately you know that's about all you can get for your family room these days. Some how the look of those enormous seat cushions and big fat wide arms make me think that if I sit in furniture like that long enough I'll soon resemble it. No - definitely not for me. Ken and I shopped for about an hour all the while commenting on all the couch potato sofas we saw. You know these. They're the ones with the big center section that folds down to reveal a little table with cup holders and who knows what else. Some were so big and elaborate I was sure there was a little mini frig and a microwave in there too. How convenient - you never have to leave the couch for food and drink any more. We sat, we rocked, we reclined and finally we happened on a set that looked a little less wide and soft but was still really comfy. Why the couch even had a recliner in it too, on one side. Perfect!

Our furniture arrived yesterday safe and sound. The kitties have inspected it and given their approval. Our necks, backs and butts are much happier too. There is this one thing though...as the couch was being loaded off the truck I noticed they had the middle of it tied up for some reason...hmmm, that's odd I thought. I also noticed that BOTH sides of the couch reclined. Okay, this could be good. We don't BOTH have to recline but if we want to, now we can. The moving crew brought it in, set it up and removed the tie and it wasn't until the couch was sitting in our family room that I discovered we'd inadvertently bought ourselves our very own couch potato couch complete with fold down table and built in cup holders. Time to embrace the inner geezer in me. Cue up the latest movies on pay per view. Get me my book. I might be here for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I'll take a nice comfy couch right now. Too much moving not enought sitting even tho I now have a cat to pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get thee to that couch - I'm under a cat right now myself and am enjoying the purr fest!

    Happy Thanksgiving Judy!!

    ReplyDelete