Thursday, November 11, 2010

Musing

We're two for two in the Best-Weather-Ever category. Sunny skies, temps in the 50's. Light breeze.
It should be illegal to be cooped up on such a day. In between errands and appointments I stop
in at Stewart Park to pay my favorite lake a visit. The water is almost as vivid as the sky today. The sun is warm and the air is cool. Perfect weather for a stroll, although I'm really glad I'm wearing a jacket. I've got the most snuggly corduroy jacket ever.
It is like wearing a hug.

It is a good day for musing and lately my feelings run deep.
Perhaps too deep for my own good.

I'm home now and all cozied up in my office looking out the window. I notice that our neighbor across the street from us is raking her leaves onto a big blue tarp. After filling it up she drags it across the street and dumps the fluffy contents into the ditch that borders our front yard. Hmmm...I guess this explains the pile of leaves that keeps mysteriously blowing into our yard from that direction. It makes me wonder why nice folks (including those who claim to be friends) - why they act in ways that aren't quite kosher or kind. Just sayin'.



2 comments:

  1. I also get lost in thoughts that run deep. Sometimes they run so deep that I no longer have words for them. While these moments are necessary, they don't often lead to informative conclusions and can be overwhelming. At this point, are they thoughts, or feelings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I think they might be both. Perhaps a bit more musing must be done in order to separate the thought from the feeling. You are a wise soul Miss Jen.

    ReplyDelete