Thursday, January 22, 2015

Shopgirl

It's Thursday, shop day. Gather it all up and stuff it in the car day!

I often feel like a turtle on shop day, carrying most of my home office on my back. Computer, camera, tackle box full of tags and other needful things? Check. Bottled water? Check. Lunch? Of course, who do you think you're talking to here. 

Another recent purge in the downstairs office yielded some pretty cool things for the shop which was all hidden under piles and piles of stuff we hurriedly moved out of the dining room on New Years Eve day. That's what we do here. We move piles. From one side of the room to the other, from downstairs to up and inside to out. Today I'm taking a different tact by bringing it all into the shop. I don't care if it doesn't fit. I'll make it work some how.

I never imagined I'd like being a shopgirl so much, but I love it, especially on Thursdays. And I love my Thursday regulars. Home school moms giving history lessons, the lovely young woman who talks to the spirits and shops on their advice, and the retirees who regret giving away so many of their treasured possessions when they downsized, and who now come in to get their weekly trip down memory lane. And while I never hope the shop will be slow, I secretly hope for a little hint of it peace and quiet when we first open the doors. Touching something in every booth as I pass by to turn on the lights I think may all prosper. Hope you sell something today Dealer 88, Dealer 3. Dealer 61.
May all prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment