Thursday, September 18, 2014

Subtle and Not So

The subtle hints of fall are becoming more obvious these days...

The garden and the weeds are setting seeds

 and the hills are gearing up for their big show.
I have a feeling it's going to be spectacular this year. 

I wish the view and the scenery were more soothing to me now. I'm weary from having spent way too much time lately trying to drown out the crazies. And no, those aren't the voices in my head. They are the folks who no matter what, always seem to choose the most complicated route from here to there. They are the folks who dither over the simplest of decisions and always have such clear and amazing insights after the fact.

I wish it I could just blow them off. Ignoring them only encourages them. Trying to reason with them is an invitation for them to talk over me. So my mantra for today is Stay in your lane. Keep your eyes on the road, look in your mirrors to be sure those crazies don't careen into you and just keep moving forward. There. Done. Happy peaceful Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment