Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Confessions

I'm an introvert, a bit of a people pleaser and a die hard Virgo, which means I like to work alone, I like things done right the first time and I often end up doing everything that needs to be done. 

I can't help myself. When I see something which needs doing, I do it. I love detail and am fascinated by minutia. I am rarely bored, don't tolerate laziness and when I commit to something I'm in it for the long haul. 

There really should be a self-help, twelve step program for folks like us.

Lately I've been wondering if it would be possible to take a little break from all these things and experience life from the other side. I wonder daily what it would be like to simply walk past something that needs doing and just keep going. To leave the bed unmade, a pile of dirty dishes in the sink and the clean laundry in the basket. 

Is it possible to practice mindfulness and still be on top of things without spending so much time planning for the future? That is the question. In the meantime, I guess I'll return to my outdoor office and continue getting ready for the FOUND FLEA on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment