Friday, January 3, 2014

Sleep. Balance. Smile. Breathe. Laugh.

More pondering today, and as usual there more questions than answers. 
 Why is it so hard for folks to apologize and why is it so hard for some folks to accept an apology? Why is it that the same folks who have a hard time accepting an apology also seem to have trouble accepting a compliment? Just wondering. 

I also wonder if it's possible to choose a couple of words to inspire me throughout the year. If so, what would they be? Sleep. Balance. Smile. Breathe. Laugh. Think I'll stop here. I've done enough pondering for today and besides, it's way more amusing to listen to Ken sing made up classic country songs inspired by Hank Williams...My mother fell under a train and my dog done run off with the neighbor and I'm so lonesome even my cat doesn't like me are my top favorites so far. 
I love my life. I really do.

 We had planned to travel this weekend but with frigid temps, and falling and drifting snow, I think we'll just stay home, hunker down and do something fun like work on the year-end inventory and excavate my "office".
The sun's out and the temp has only warmed up to a balmy five above. We have a fire going and we're already on our second cup of homemade hot chocolate. Lillie has found a secret cozy spot and Pippa is flaked out near the hearth. Peter will not leave our bed and expects a nap from us soon. It's nice to be slowed down by Mother Nature and I'm so glad we're experiencing this slow down from the comfort of home.  Happy snowy winter day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment