Sunday, December 22, 2013

Seasonal Wonders

It's December 22nd and the windows are wide open. 
I'm tempted to put the plants out for a little fresh air.
 
We hit 64 at 2pm. Now where did I stash those capris? 


We are operating under a state of emergency here at Casa Moree McKinney. Presents have been procured but sadly, not shipped. We are plumb out of our seemingly never endless supply of free bubble wrap. Ken finally broke down earlier today and made an order. Family in Philly, you'll be receiving your gifts in January this year. So sorry.

Ken and I gave one another a $50 limit this year to see how many lovely, little, thoughtful things we could find for each other with a small budget. We made a list...on google.docs of course...and of course we went over said budget just a wee bit. It was fun and I managed to find everything either at auction, at FOUND or online. Can't wait for Christmas day!

Lasagne won out over Chippino this year for Christmas eve dinner. Tomorrow is sauce-making day. Tonight I'll be making one of Ken's Christmas gifts Candied Bacon Fudge. He promises to share. and I promise not to eat all of the candied bacon before I embed it in the fudge. Oh the wonders of holiday food.

As we sit here in our summer clothes enjoying the breeze, sipping wine and eating pate and crackers, I'm reminded yet again how much I love my life, how grateful I am for everything I have and how much there is to look forward to in the coming year. Happy Solstice and an early Merry Christmas to all. Cheers and eat up! Time to welcome back the light.
Wonder if I can get a walk in before winter returns...

No comments:

Post a Comment