Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Choices

I think it safe to say I'm now all caught up on HGTV's House Hunters International and TLC's American Pickers. I'd still be watching TLC this very minute if the Pickers marathon hadn't been replaced by Say Yes to the Dress. And let's face it, when Michelle Duggar from 19 Kids and Counting starts appearing on the show, that's not a good sign.


So I skipped the obvious network channel choices. I'm just not interested in who your baby daddy is, whether or not Beyonce actually gave birth or what the weather is in Utica. I need entertainment, a diversion, and something fun and different to make the day just a little more interesting. So today I headed straight to the part of the dial I've never been to and here's what I learned:
  • We get a gazillion channels. Seriously. I had now idea just how many until today.
  • The variety of programming out there is staggering.

Here are a few shows I discovered today:

TLC ~ I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant: Freak show...need I say more?

MTV ~ 16 and Pregnant: Now here's a dilemma. They run this show at the very same time as "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant". What to do, what to do...

EWTN ~ The Holy Rosary with Mother Angelica: Riveting (if you're in a coma)

A&E ~ Storage Wars I'd love to like this show, but it's just too ridiculous for words. Their JibJab video on the other hand is definitely worth a watch.

TRUTV ~ Joren Van der Sloot: the Murder Trial/Casey Anthony's youtube video diaries: Suddenly CSPAN2 is starting to look good...

Next One Network: If you're a cowboy this channel's for you, especially the show "The Weekend Cutter".

Game Show Channel: The reruns are so old it's just like being home sick during junior high school days...wonder if Bewitched is on somewhere?

And these are just the highlights. There is so much out there and all of it appears to have its own show or better yet, its own dedicated channel...Golf. Fishing. Pidgeon shooting. I Shouldn't be Alive. Sea Turtle Odessey. FOX Soccer Report. Exorcism (on Planet Green no less). I Didn't Know I was Stupid (okay I made this one up, but maybe I should pitch it to A&E - you never know).

On the bright side, there is some hope out there at the outer ends of the dial. Today I found some interesting shows to watch on the SUNDANCE Channel on OVATION on BBC and on the Cooking Channel (a nice change from the FOOD Network and all those inane cooking competitions). The doc says I can drive, so tomorrow I'm determined to get out of the house.

There must be an errand that needs running...

No comments:

Post a Comment