Friday, April 15, 2011

Launching

One of my favorite auctions takes place this weekend. It's three auctions at once including one which takes place out in the middle of a field with the auctioneer calling from the bed of a big red pick up. I always feel like this auction signifies the beginning of the summer buying season. I rode out to take a took a quick look this afternoon and though it's a little smaller than last year there's plenty I'd like to buy.


I'm not sure I need this, but it definitely makes a statement...

I'm most certain I don't need this but I couldn't resist that face
Now who doesn't need this? It could solve the whole leaving-the-toilet-seat-up-thing...

If it's old, rusty and crusty it's out in the field just waiting for a little TLC. The forecast is calling for lower 50's with rain but this is actually a little better than last year and I'll take it over sleet any day!

Back at home the greening is continuing on scheduleand we've actually got a few flowers already.
Lillie and Pippa are chomping at the bit to get a bit of fresh airand who can blame them.

We just completed Week XII of the semester. Only three more to go. It's a tricky time of the year and we're all just a little ragged around the edges these days. After bragging that I hadn't been sick all year I've come down with a doozy of a cold - raw red nose, sinus drip, hacking cough...and these are just the highlights! This also the launching time of the year. After four years of hard work my seniors are ready to either go out into the world or on to grad school. It's been so inspiring to see their many successes and victories but if I'm really honest it's all a little bitter sweet to be pondering next year's class without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment