Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rhythm

I love the rhythm of these early blissful summer days. Sunshine and noisy neighbors (cardinals and robins mostly) are our wake up call. We're able to drink our coffee leisurely on the porch most days, have lunch at home and a nap after wards, eat dinner late and still have time to sit on the porch until it's dark. The fire flies will be out soon. Life is good. I think my head is finally above water.

Since it's still technically the "season" of Ken's birthday we had one more dinner party last night with our dear friends JoAnn and Joseph. Great food, great company and Joni Mitchell songs on guitar with viola accompaniment - doesn't get much better than that. Joni's songs were made for the viola. I can't wait to learn more.

Last Saturday we set up our dining canopy on the deck, brought out our old kitchen table and four chairs and have pretty much camped out there for every meal ever since. We're dreaming of a screened in porch now and a built in grill (oh yes please!).
Wild flox, lupine, columbine, Solomon's Seal and alium are all in abundance now.

We're been hard at work on our online auctions today and tomorrow and are gearing up to buy at one of our favorite auctions on Friday. I still need to plant peas but I just can't take my eyes off of the nest of baby robins in the hummingbird vine. Poor momma bird, I am driving her batty trying to get a photo of her three little babes. So far all I can see is beaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment