Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rescued

It's the first official day of my summer break!
I even posted my grades this morning. My earliest submission ever!

When Ken came to pick me up at the college yesterday he left
me this email to let me know he was outside waitingRescued indeed!

After two long days of performance exams I'm a wee bit battered but I managed finish out the term with my most of my wits intact. Let me tell you, this is no small feat. We had a modest number of performance exams this year - 10 hours spread out over two days. Most years we'll hear 12 or 13 hours! Everyone passed and several students even had the best performances of their lives. A few were, uh, how should I put this tactfully...let's just say they didn't have their best performance day this go round. If you're not sure what I mean, imagine the sound of ripping bed sheets or of moving a heavy old refrigerator across a sandy wooden floor...eeewww doggie! My teeth were starting to itch and I swear they even sprouted a few hairs from some of the less than stellar intonation.

This is how I would like to spend a major portion of my summer
Sorry for the grainy phone photo but I just had to post it since it totally captures my immense joy in making music with my dear friend Carrie. Ken snapped it on his phone this past week at a party for Carrie's dad.

We're headed to auction today so I'll leave you with this little bit of parking lot humor (seen in the Wegman's lot yesterday).

You gotta love those boxy Scion cars and their most witty owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment