Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Stages

If major life events come in groups of three then we are due to be done with them for a while. My mom had a stroke on the 17th, I rushed Ken to the ER with a raging fever and abdominal pain on the 20th, lost my mom on the 25th and have spent the last several days at the bedside of my dying sister in law. If one more person reminds me not to be surprised by all of this because it's that stage of my life right now, I think I'll slap them. I mean, really. WTF. Is that supposed to make me feel better?

I am home now for a few days to regroup and tend to our business. Man oh man oh man, are my solo driving skills ever rusty. Gone are the days of making 20 hour drives with two or three potty breaks. I just barely pulled off a four hour stint. We're talking stops every 30 or 40 minutes and full out, lie down, stretch out, use the bag of dirty clothes as your pillow naps in the back of the van now. 

I am so relieved to be home and a certain creamsicle cat has been very happy to welcome me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment