Friday, June 13, 2014

Purge

As of today I am 97% moved out of my office having packed up and removed all of my music and books. I would be zero percent along with this project were not for the efforts of my sweet Cassie, who plied me with chocolate, good company and youthful strength enough to move those heavy boxes. Surprisingly the process was not emotional for me. All that procrastination and angst for nothing! Instead the purge felt cleansing, as most do. Almost as good as cleaning out the closet in Spring. Cassie gets about half my library and any day now I'm sure I'm going to find the perfect spot for those fourteen boxes of music somewhere in the house. Now to find a home for the infamous green bench. Home to so many viola cases and backpacks over the years. If I can get it all glued up I might just sell it at the FOUND FLEA on Sunday.
I am once again grateful that the garden does not hold a grudge. We've been picking asparagus for six weeks now and there is no sign it'll stop any time soon. Strawerries have started to form and if I can stay ahead of the critters, we might just get a bowlful for ourselves. The peonies are plentiful, strong and sweet this year. So are the poppies,
 the Asian lilies, the rhubarb and the hosta. 
 
Some plants didn't fare so well this year. Our female holly is a goner. So are the two Andromeda bushes in the front and sadly, most of the blue hydrangea. Some how the oakleaf hydrangea we received as a wedding present looks unscathed,
and just today I swear saw what might be a flower bud on one of the few live green limbs of the blue hydrangea.

Since my last post we've set up and sold at the Funky FLEA in Syracuse, traveled to Rhinebeck to check out the Country Living Fair and somehow gotten ourselves ready to sell at this month's FOUND FLEA. Summer's officially in full swing now!

1 comment:

  1. I loved helping you, and am eternally appreciative for the new additions to my library! The DM collection:o) Can't wait for our dinner send off next week- it's all gone too fast, and I am grateful that we had this year together!Thank you thank you thank you for everything xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete