Monday, June 16, 2014

Goodness

It's the day after the FOUND FLEA and it's another perfect summer day.

We are taking very gentle care of ourselves today. My sweet husband, who's not had a day off in many weeks, is dutifully and cheerfully coding away in his upstairs office. Weeding, pruning, cutting asparagus, checking for strawberries and finally going grocery shopping are on my to-do list today.

We've been subsisting on bare-cupboard rations lately - take out from Thai Express and the Covered Bridge Market, and a LOT of brown rice. This morning leftover Wegmans rotisserie chicken was on the menu. If there'd been ice cream in the freezer I would've dished it up and called it breakfast in a heartbeat...
The house is a disaster BUT we can now walk through the garage without risking life and limb. 

The kitchen smells vaguely of rotting onions BUT the frig is cleaned out and the dishwasher is humming away, full of leftover containers. 

My feet are killing me BUT they feel much better when I stretch over the roses to do some pruning.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment