Wednesday, March 19, 2014

In the air

Spring is on the way. I can smell it. As a Florida gal, I never saw spring flowers growing out of the ground. Nope, never. Spring wasn't something you saw in Florida, it was something you smelled.
When I stepped outside this morning I got a BIG whiff of it for the first time. That delicious smell of decay and thawing ice and dirt. That raw, almost moldy smell. The smell of spring. I also heard my first redwing blackbird and I saw an enormous "V" of geese heading in our direction. Spring is coming and it'll be here soon. Please hurry just a little bit.

There's been much sadness in our little corner of the world this week. The husband of an auction friend committed suicide on Saturday. Like most deaths by suicide, no one saw it coming. Not even his wife. I wish it didn't take tragedy to put things back in perspective.

On Sunday afternoon we spent time pouring through the CD collection of our dear friend Dave who died suddenly last July. Dave was that music fan who sat in the front row at every concert. He cheered loudly and sang even louder, and at intermission he'd buy one of every CD the band had for sale.
 We miss you every day, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment